Allegra is looking for a new reviews editor to take over the responsibilities of our Ally Judith Beyer who needs a break to concentrate on the ‘compulsory’ writing of her book (ah, this hellish tenure system!).
We’ll miss you Judith!
The job consists in:
- Compiling thematic lists of new books in legal and political anthropology (and beyond!).
- Publishing regular calls for reviewers and selecting reviewers according to their field of expertise.
- Contacting publishers to obtain copies of books to be sent to selected reviewers.
- Ensuring that reviews are processed according to deadlines while ensuring the quality of reviews.
- Liaising with editorial assistants once reviews are ready to be published.
The ideal candidate:
- LOVES BOOKS! This position is an opportunity to do what we love in a way that has an impact on others!
- has a PhD in anthropology.
- is committed to Open Access Publishing.
- is on the pulse of cutting edge publications in anthropology.
- is conscientious and well organized.
- enjoys working in a team.
- knowledge of Word Press is a plus!
Send your CV together with a short letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2017.